Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday



It's Friday again...already? Where did the week go? Five for Friday is on vacation until August, so I'm linking up with The First Grade Parade for Favorite Pins Friday. This actually works great for me since I've been slacking on my pins. Not that I haven't been on Pinterest, but I haven't pinned much school stuff. I've mostly been trying out pins I have for my son, but with one month of summer vacation left I must get back into the groove of things. Here I go...

New pins this week: 

First up is an awesome pencil eraser gumball machine from Teaching Maddeness. Student are always asking me for an eraser, so this will be a nice addition to my classroom. 


Next up is a simple french bread chicken   pizza recipe from What's Cooking with Ruthie. I'm always looking for simple quick dinner ideas during the school year, and this looks perfect. I will have to test it out before heading back to work. 


My final new pin of the week deals with sentence writing, and comes from none other than The First Grade Parade. You take a tissue box a print out six incorrect sentences for students to correct, awesome idea!  Last year, my students struggled with editing sentences; I'm hoping this will help.




Now for pins I've tried this week

We had some surprise rain showers this week, and my 10 year old cousin was spending some time with us, so we tried splatter paint from Little Page Turners

Here's how it worked: 

We squirted food coloring onto a white sheet of paper and placed it out in the rain an just like that we had a couple of masterpieces:) 


The second pin I tried was with my son, who is 21 months old. It is called baby collage. This pin is from Laughing Kids Learn. Here's what we did: 

I tape some contact paper to a window (sticky side out). Then gave my son scrapes of paper, tissue paper, and ribbon. He placed them on the contact paper. This keep him busy for a good 30 min. which is like forever in toddler world. Below is the finished project. We used red, white, and blue in celebration of Independence Day. 


There you have it, my 5 pins for Friday. What have you pinned this week? Head over to First grade Parade and link up.  


To those of you that have been following my Apps A-Z, I'll be back with a new apps next week. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment