Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Apps A-Z: Kids Doodle

Kids Doodle
Sometimes, it's nice giving students the freedom to use apps of their choice to complete an assignment. I learned a lot by doing this. Kids Doodle is one of the many apps I learned to use by watching my students.

Kids Doodle is a very simple app to use. It allows you to draw using one of several pen types; you are allowed to select the pen type, but not the color.  Drawings are done on a blank canvas or a photo from your camera roll. Drawings can be saved as images or made into a video. The video allows you to see exactly how the drawing was created. Students enjoyed creating videos and then using them in other apps. 

This will be one of the first apps, along with the camera, that I introduce my students to. Students will take a photo of themselves (they love to do this), then use it in the Kids Doodle app. Once the picture is in Kids Doodle, students will write a short sentence about themselves on the picture. They must include their name in the sentence. Students will save a photo and video to their camera roll, that they will share with the class. I think this is a great way to start putting names with faces! What do you think? Have you used Kids Doodle in your classroom? 


Example of the project: 







You can follow my blog with bloglovin.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment