Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week, Let's Talk About Me!


It's teacher week, and there's a party going on over at Blog Hoppin' each day this week. Today is let's talk about me. I'm going to try my best to find 10 random (and hope you find them fun) things about me to share. 


1. I'll start with the basics. I'm a 6th grade ELA and social studies teacher. This is my first year teaching 6th grade social studies and I'm a bit nervous about it. I've been teaching 14 years. I started in 3rd, then 4th, then 5th and now 6th. Every year I have students ask if I'm going to 7th. I believe 6th is my stopping point. 

2. When I was a 6th grader the district I went to school in switched to magnet schools, moving all 6th graders into  middle schools. I was devastated! I had looked forward to being a 6th grader and having a 6th grade celebration at the elementary school I had attended since Kindergarten. So when I was moved  to 6th grade as a teacher, I was excited! I had my 6th grade  celebration I so longed for! 

3. Digital Addiction was the front  page article of our local newspaper yesterday. I  hate to admit it, but I might have a small addiction. I teach in a 1:1 iPad school, so I blame it on my job! I wonder if digital detoxing falls under workman's comp:)? 


4. I visit two states each day. I live in Missouri and work in Kansas. 

5. I have a 20 year old daughter that just started nursing school last week, and a 22 month old son. He is my miracle baby. He was born at 25 weeks weighing just 1lb 7oz.  He is doing great now! 


6. I love all things chocolate, but who doesn't...oh yeah my daughter.  

7. I am not a morning person! If we could move the start time of the school day to say 10:00-11:00 I'd be a much happier person in the mornings! I'd also save some lots of money because I could bypass Starbucks.  

8. Word games are my favorite. I might have another slight addiction.  Ummm...I wonder, do I actually have a digital addiction or a word game addiction?  I will have 20+ games going at one time.  

9. I do not like shopping! Growing up I was OK with my mom picking out my clothes for me. If I could hire a personal shopper I would. 

10. I am terribly  afraid of dogs. Why? I have no idea. 

Well that's me! I hope you found those 10 facts fun or at least interesting. Be sure to stop by Blog Hoppin' sometime this week and join the party. 



No comments:

Post a Comment