Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Made It - Teacher Toolbox

I did it! I made my very own teacher's toolbox. Year after year, I've struggled with how to organize supplies in/on my desk. Nothing has seemed to work. So, after seeing all of the different teacher tool boxes I decided to make one. Take a look. 


It was meant for me because I purchased the last on the shelf. Not very expensive like I originally thought. 


I used some book cover paper I had to cover the drawers, added  Dr. Seuss stickers to match my theme. I don't really care for the stickers, and I might take them off of  the larger drawers. What do you think? See next photo. 


Using clear labels I labeled each drawer. They are hard to read when placed over the hats, but it will work.


I couldn't leave the back the way it was, it bothered me. I saw the idea of covering the back asking students not to touch anything on the desk, sorry I can't remember the exact blog. If it was you  please let me know, so I can give you credit. I decided to do something similar. I think it came out OK. 


My favorite part is that I decided to spray paint it with chalkboard paint. 


Now I can jot down quick notes or in this case my Todo list. 

And there it is my teacher toolbox. Stop by 4th Grade Frolics and see what others have made.