Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Five For Friday

WOW!  Is it Friday already? Where did the week go? It's time for the Five for Friday, linky party, with Doodle Bugs Teaching.

1. My summer cleaning list is just about complete, and to think I'm 6 weeks early. I usually don't start on my summer cleaning until the week before we're headed back to school, but this year I've managed to get it done early. Oh, what a nice feeling.

2. Pizzadilla, my new favorite recipe. Trying out recipes that I have pinned, on Pinterest, is just one of the many items on my summer bucket list, and this week I fell in love with pizzadillas. I will definitely be packing these for lunch throughout the school year.


3. Things were really heating up this week, Wednesday the heat index reached 100 degrees! Luckily, for us it was "Wet Wednesday." 





4. My summer classes continue to go well. In the Edmodo class, I learned how to put an RSS feed onto my Edmodo page. I'd seen the button on the page, but had never explored it. I will be using this feature this year. Has anyone used  RSS feeds on their Edmodo page?



5. My app mix of the week:

  • Tag Cloud: I've finally found and app that allows me to create word clouds on my iPad. Yea! I'm so excited and can't wait to use it in the classroom. Any lesson recommendations would be great.  
  • Confer Lite: I came across this, teacher notetaking, app through a linky party I linked up with this week. I am very interested in trying it out, so I've downloaded the lite version to test it out. 
  • Yo Mama Jokes: When teaching hyperboles this year, I used "Yo Teacher" jokes, formally known as Yo Mama jokes. So when I saw this app, I thought it would be nice to have a list of some to share. This app is nice because I can mark my favorites. 
  • Feedly: With about 2 weeks of Google Reader left, I'm in need of a reader! I had been using FeedlerRss, and one day this week I opened it up and everything was gone; talk about panic. I had Feedly  downloaded, but never used it. I tried it out this week, and think I have found my new reader. 
  • ClassBreak: I came across this app and thought I'd take a look. It has brain break activities, and  looks promising. 
That's my Five for Friday. Don't forget to share your 5 and link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching


No comments:

Post a Comment