Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Student Blogs

I have spent a lot of time this summer learning about blogs and blogging. I think it would be a great way to get students talking and writing about books; two areas I see them struggling with a lot.

Two popular student blogging platforms are Edublogs and Kidblogs, both allow you to create and manage student blog accounts, I had never used either one until yesterday.  I found a teacher blogging challenge titled "30 Days to Kick Start Your Blogging." That I have started on both Edublogs and Kidblog. My goal in doing this is to learn more about blogging, and to determine which of the two would be easier for students to use on the iPad.

What thoughts do you have about student blogs? How have you structured using them in your classroom? Do your students blog from computers or iPads? 






2 comments:

  1. I wonder if the student blogs that you talk about are blocked by our school filter. I know other blogs are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope not! I have been doing a lot of creating and research on blogging in classrooms. I will be real disappointed if things are blocked. I'm pretty sure I created my Edublog at school, but I was probaly on the staff server.

    Edublogs has an ipad app, so im really excited about that. It is pretty new. I used it today to post to my blog, http://rolandteach.edublogs.org/, and it seemed to work fine. Later, next week I will try again and upload pictures and video directly from the iPad and see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete